Deciding whether to stay in your current home or look for a new one is tough. So tough in fact, that there is a reality TV show about it!
If you’re struggling to make that decision, here are some tips that can help:
- Find out the current market value of your home. This will give you a clear idea of how much your property is likely to sell for in today’s market.
- Find out how much you can afford to invest in a new home. This is calculated, in part, by how much of a mortgage you qualify to receive.
- Determine whether your current home still suits your needs. Do you need to move up to a larger place? Downsize to a smaller property?
- Figure out whether this is the right time to move to an area that you’ve always dreamed of living in.
- Assess whether your community has changed in a way that you don’t like.
- Decide whether you are still happy where you live. Is it time for a change?